helenayee.blogspot.com
The first reading response I read was by Helen A. She read a book called, We Are Free. Her summary of the book was very thorough and I'd really like to get a hold of the book myself. Basically, this book was about a 12-year-old girl name Anita who lived in the Dominican Republic. She was going through a rough time, since it was the 1960s and her and her family were going through a tough time. It was a time during dictatorship. The new dictator was NOT good man. The father of Anita always warned Anita about him. That's why half of her family escaped to the United States. Including her own okder sister. Anita never expected any of this frightening news to come to her country. She loved her country. She thought it was the best country in the world. No matter what, Anita remained in her country of the Dominican Republic, where she felt safest. I really enjoyed this summary. This story sounds like a novel I'd read, since I'm Dominican.
yasminbbblogs.blogspot.com
Another reading response I read was by Yasmin. She read one of the same books I read this year over the summer which was Future of Us. This book took place in the 20th century and was about two teenagers who discover that one of the teenagers, Emma's computer was a very strange one. It looked like as if it was from the future. But once Emma powered up her new computer with the help of her best friend, Josh, they discover a website already open. It was called Facebook. The teenagers had no idea what Facebook was, but it seemed interesting because it had pictures of people on it. Josh looked around the website to figure out it was a social networking site. Where people from around the world can connect with each other. But the site was never invented yet. It was like Emma and Josh were looking into the future of themselves. They decided to search each other's names up to see if they had an account on this mysterious website. They found each other! They tried searching friends of theirs too. ALL showed up. Facebook had all of these people's profiles on it, but everyone was 15 years older. Josh was the more adventurous type, he did not want to know his future and spoil everything. He was ready for what life had planned for him. Emma on the other hand, was dying to know her future. There were some disappointments, but everyday after school, Emma would rush home to see what 30-year-old Emma was up to. This became a daily routine for Emma. I really enjoyed this book, these are the kind of books I like to read the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment